jesteśmy w dziwnej sytuacji.
Ojczyzna naszych dalszych ojców
znajduje się nad Wisła, ale ojczyzną
naszych bliższych ojców jest Adampol
nad Bosforem. Może źle powiedziałam
Ojczyzną naszą jest Polska, a
Adampol to Polska z jej tradycjami
na ziemi tureckiej."
Zofia Ryży 1984.
The House of the memory of Zofia Ryży which
is one of the oldest house at Adampol-Polonezkoy, is open for visitors.
Photographs, books and documents related with the
village is exhibited at the house.
The House of the memory of Zofia Ryży was built in the years of 1881-1883 by her
father, Wincenty Rıżı...
This house of Rıżı family was the village's most
popular and beautiful house.
Typical Polish architecture of the era still keeps
its originality. Tourists visiting the village always get mesmerized by the
house and its heaven garden.
“The House of the memory of Zofia Ryży” has an indispensable place for the
Adampol-Polonezkoy history. It is the sign of the Polish-Turkish relations and
takes place in all official government visits to the village.
Visitors from Poland or other countries always visit
the house and the house is being told in all books and tours related with the
“The House of the memory of
Zofia Ryży” hours of visit :
During 1st of May and 31st of October;
Sundays and official holidays only
of November and 30th of April; Sundays
weekdays, you need to ask and arrange
the visit by phone
+90 532 608 15 43
+90 216 432 30 82 ; +90 532 512
of the house belongs to Michal Czajkowski. It was 1940s.
Polish traditions was keeping alive especially at the
house of Wincenty Ryży, who has just returned back from
Siberian exile. At the house of Ryży's, there were
paintings related with the patriotism and portraits
famous Polish people. Also village's biggest library
with the old and big polish books was located at the
Later on, Zofia Ryży (1903-1986) who was known as Ciocia
Zosia (Aunt Zosia) in Poland continued to live at the
house. Zofia Ryży was having a great concern for the
village's teenagers and giving information about the
mother language and history of Poland to them. Her house
have always been a sign of being Polish and her door
have always been open for worldwide visitors. It also
has been a cultural place for the village's teenagers.
Ryży have visited Poland just a couple of times. In
1929, with the accompanies from the village, she went to
Poznan Industrial Exhibition, in 1934 she has
participated to the conference of "Polish People
Abroad". She also have visited Poland after World War
II. Due to the activities and contributions, she has
been rewarded with the "Silver Medal of Merit" by the
Council of the Republic of Poland in 1975.
Also in 1981, due to her great success in strengthening
the relations between the Polish people living abroad
and the mother land, she has taken a special diploma
from the association named Polonia. Since 1916 while her
family was alive, visitors coming all over the world
have been writing their notes to the memory book and
Being appropriate to her will, with the Adampol Culture
Foundation's (which was established in Warsaw by her
heritors' (her nephews Leslaf Rızı and Antoni Dohoda)
good intentions) great work , the house became a place
where the memories, documents and photographs of the
village gathered. The house of the Memory's first survey
and studies have done by the director of Warsaw
Ethnography Museum of State, Mr.Marek Sztrantowicz in
1991. The preparation works have done by the ethnography
specialists have come from Warsaw. “The House of the
memory of Zofia Ryży” officially have opened on the 4th
of July, 1992, which was the day of village's 150th
anniversary of establishment.